The face is usually the first place one thinks of when treating aging symptoms, but the hands and neck can show signs of aging equally as much. We offer discounted prices for adding hands and/or neck to your treatment in addition to the face. BroadBand Light, Halo, and Filler treatments have all be used on the hands.
Aging Hands – There is very little fat on the back of the hands and they also are exposed to the sun a lot. As we age, we naturally lose fat in our hands and the skin loses the collagen and elastin. The combination of these may lead to your hands aging faster than your face.
Are your hands making you look old? There are many people that will spend a lot of money on creams, lasers and treatments for their face and neck but hey forget about their hands. It is not well known but we can actually guess your age by looking at your hands.
There is very little fat on the back of the hands and they also are exposed to the sun a lot. As we age, we naturally lose fat in our hands and the skin loses the collagen and elastin. The combination of these may lead to your hands aging faster than your face. Brown spots and veins can also appear on the hands leading to them looking older.
Do NOT forget about your hands. Sun damage is one of the major causes of aging hands. Many people will take the time to apply sunblock to their face and neck daily but they forget about their hands. Make sure to protect your hands from the damaging ultraviolet rays.
- Sunblock – if you are going to take the time and spend the money on treating your hands, make sure to protect your investment. We prefer the EltaMD line of sunblock.
- Skincare – using a daily moisturizer will benefit your skin and it is also Ok to use a vitamin A derivative on the skin such as a retinol of tretinoin.
- Chemical Peels – Chemical peels can be beneficial for improving crepiness and pigmentation.
- Dermal Fillers – there are many filers out that can be used in the hands. Fillers such as Vollure, Sculptra, and Restylane can restore more youthful volume to your hands.
- Fat transfer – Fat can be taken from areas such as the abdomen and flanks and injected into the hands. There is a newer process called ALMI that is showing significant benefit for adding volume to the hands. The ALMI procedure will add volume back into the skin but appears to help the skin improve as well.
- BBL (Broadband Light) – the BBL can be very beneficial for removing pigmented lesions from the back of the hands. Forever Young BBL can also be used to help the skin of your hands develop new collagen and elastin.
- Lasers – Lasers such as the Picosure and the Lutronic Spectra can remove pigmented lesions. The Erbium laser can also be used to remove lesions that are raised from the surface of the skin.
- Microneedling w/ RF – The Vivace can help with the crepiness of the skin by inducing new collagen and elastin to form. This will help thicken the skin but it will not help with the loss of volume.