Skin Sins You Should Avoid
Ok, we’re all guilty of these skin sins once in a while, and we forget why we aren’t supposed to do them. This post provides more detail on why we shouldn’t commit these skin sins and what they do to our faces!
Sleeping in Make-up
- Clogs pores
- Dries out skin
- Causes breakouts
- Doesn’t give your skin a chance to recover from the day
- Free Radicals (often in the form of pollution) remain on the skin. If you do not wash your face, causing collagen breakdown over time, as well as premature aging.
Skipping Your Toner
- Toner restores your skin, using ingredients such as astringents that tighten the skin, reduce redness and inflammation, remove excess oils, and shrink pores
- Balances the PH level of the skin, which is important because your skin needs proper regulation to look its best. When your skin isn’t balanced properly it dries out, giving it a weathered, aged appearance. By balancing the skin’s PH, also allows for the skin to absorb the product better and for deeper penetration of skincare.
Using tanning beds
- Tanning beds are 15 times riskier than sun exposure when it comes to tanning because tanning beds emit 15 times more UV radiation than the sun.
- In addition to putting yourself at a much greater risk for skin cancer, UVA rays penetrate the collagen and elastin in the upper layers of the skin, leading to permanent damage and premature aging.