Juvéderm Ultra and Ultra Plus XC contain lidocaine to help anesthetize the areas treated and improve your overall comfort. Both Juvéderm Ultra XC and Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC are available at Lazaderm. A consultation with our experienced medical staff will determine if this dermal filler is the right solution for you.
Juvéderm Voluma® XC is the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel proven to last up to two years, which gives your skin just enough volume to contour your face and subtract years from your appearance. Voluma boosts volume specifically in your cheek area, beautifully giving renewed contour to your face. In a matter of minutes, your skin is restored to a firm, plump state. Your face will be more defined and instantly appear more youthful. There’s zero downtime, and you can immediately continue on with your day.
Juvéderm Vollure® XC can be used for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
Frequently Asked Juvedérm Questions
What is Juvéderm?
It is a collection of hyaluronic acid fillers to include: Juvéderm Ultra XC, Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC, Juvéderm Volbella XC, Juvéderm Vollure XC, and Juvéderm Voluma XC. Each of these has its own specific uses and areas of the face.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the human body. It is a major component of our skin, joints and even the eye. Hyaluronic acids are involved in lubrication, provide elasticity and flexibility along with helping retain collagen.
Why are there different formulations?
Hyaluronic acid is not cross-linked in nature. The hyaluronic acid used in the various formulations of Juvéderm are cross-linked. This allows for variabilities in the firmness and support given by each product and allows us to tailor your treatment to your needs.
Where are the different formulations used?
- Juvéderm XC smooths the smile lines, and wrinkles around your mouth and nose.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC can be used in the lips and around the mouth
- Juvéderm Volbella XC can be used in the lips and to elevate superficial lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
- Juvéderm Vollure XC is used in many areas of the face without boney support such as in the cheeks, nasolabial folds, temples etc.
- Juvéderm Voluma XC is an excellent filler for use over boney areas such as the cheeks, angle of the jaw, temples and even the forehead and brows.
Some of the areas mentioned above are considered an off-label use of the products.
How long do the formulations last?
There will always be some variabilities with the longevity based upon the areas injected, the patient’s immune response and the formulation used. The hyaluronic acid fillers tend to last less time in more active areas of the face such as around the mouth. In general, they have the longevities listed below:
- Juvéderm XC lasts up to 12 months
- Juvéderm Ultra XC up to 12 months. It will likely last 8 to 9 months when injected into the lips.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC lasts up to 12 months
- Juvéderm Vollure XC lasts up to 18 months
- Juvederm Voluma XC lasts up to 2 years The best thing is to go ahead and schedule a free consultation so the products and treatments can be tailored for your individual needs.
When will I see results?
You will see immediate results that should last months to years. There will be some slight swelling seen but this will resolve within a few days. We feel that it is best to wait about two weeks for complete resolution of swelling and mild inflammation.
Do the Juvéderm products work for men?
Absolutely, we have seen significant growth in the number of men seeking treatment of their nasolabial folds, forehead and cheeks. As we age, we lose significant volume throughout our face. The Juvéderm products are excellent non-surgical options to return volume to the face lost with age. It is best to have a provider that does a lot of injections for men. Injections for men should differ from those for women. The male face should not be injected the same as a female face. If injections are done improperly, it may feminize the male face and look unusual.
What is the cost of Juvéderm?
The best way to establish your costs is to schedule a free consultation at Lazaderm. We will evaluate your needs and establish a plan. It is better to purchase more than one syringe per visit because of discounts given for multiple syringes used on the same visit.
Schedule Free Consultation